there was a time when i wanted to have two similar OS on one HDD: one for music, and another for design (with local server and other crap).
and this is the tool that helped me to do that and much more.
EasyBCD is NeoSmart Technologies' multiple award-winning answer to taking control of your bootloader. EasyBCD extends and revamps the Windows Vista/Windows 7 BCD bootloader, and with EasyBCD, almost anything is possible. Setting up and configuring a dual-boot between Windows 7, Windows Vista, older versions of Windows such as XP & 2003, Linux, Ubuntu, BSD, and Mac OS X is a breeze. You just point & click and EasyBCD does the rest.
EasyBCD is geared for users of all kinds. Whether you just want to add an entry to your old XP partition or want to create a duplicate for testing purposes; if you're interested in debugging the Windows Kernel or septuple-booting your seven test operating systems, EasyBCD is the key.
- Boot into XP/Vista/7/Ubuntu/OS X and more!
- Boot from USB, Network, ISO images, Virtual Harddisks (VHD), WinPE, and more!
- Repair the Windows bootloader, change your boot drive, create a bootable USB, and more!
- Rename entries, set default boot target, change BCD timeout, hide the boot menu, and more!
- Create your own custom boot sequence, hide drives on boot, backup and restore configurations, and more!
EasyBCD is used and recommended by Microsoft, PC-World, PC-Magazine, Softpedia, PC-Welt, and hundreds more! Don't get left out – download it today, it's free!!
i can't say it's a must have for everybody.. if you don't really know what you're doing, then this great tool will most likely destroy your system
but those who is patient and ready to learn, will definitely want to keep this tool in backup.